TEFAL Manual Chopper - My Kitchen Helper

by - November 30, 2016

On the day that I broke my Phillips blender case, I thought that I will be using the traditional ‘Alu’ and ‘Lesung’ while waiting to buy the new ones. You know lah… Malay cooking uses a lot of herbs and spices, onions and ginger especially for the saute part. As busy individuals, my husband and I usually need to steal some time when rushing back home on weekdays just to buy milk powder or diaper or dinner takeaways. So, apart from that routine, we don’t have so much time to think of what to buy or what not other than those necessities. Hence, blender is a so called ‘not so important’ to think about every end of day.

So, when preparing weekend lunch last Saturday, I managed to find an onion chopper stacked in my kitchen cabinet. It is not my usual thing or tool for meal preparation but since my blender tossed away and cannot be used anymore, I were ‘forced’ to use the chopper. Qina, my 5-year-old daughter laughed for seeing me using that chopper for the first time.




 

“Umi, are you dancing in the kitchen?”, she’s asking for the way I twisted the handle back and forth repeatedly.

“Ha-ha, no-lah… it’s this thing that makes me dancing like this”, I replied.






Well, the crushed onions, garlic and ginger blended nicely in the chopper’s bowl. I just have to pull the handle repeatedly around 10-15 times to have them smashed all together. In the mean time, I can exercise a bit. You can actually find many onion choppers outside and they are quite cheap especially if you buy it online. There are Tupperware, Tefal, and other well-known brands but I prefer Tefal the most because of its bowl size is bigger than the average chopper. This Tefal Onion Chopper will be my kitchen helper from now onward, although I may buy a new blender one day…



Check out Tefal brands at Lazada, you can buy them with discounts during special occasions. 







xoxo.


You May Also Like

0 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.