Customer Experience at 2nd Street Bundle Shop

Do you ever find yourself with so many clothes that they start to take over your space? I was in that situation, wondering where to store them since my tiny storeroom was already full. So, I decided to recycle them on Tuesday. In my area, there’s a scheduled collection for recyclable items, including clothing.


But then I thought, what if I could sell them and make some money? I decided to search online for ways to sell secondhand clothes. In Malaysia, there are bundle shops willing to buy and sell secondhand items. I came across 2nd Street bundle shop and emailed them for more information. I even called them before bringing over two big plastic bags of clothes. They told me they do buy secondhand clothes, but they need to assess them first, and this service is only available at selected outlets. 


I live in Semenyih, and the closest outlet to me is at 2nd Street Bandar Mahkota Cheras. When I arrived, I asked if I could bring the clothes upstairs for assessment. Climbing those stairs with heavy bags was a workout! However, the customer service representative informed me that they only accept adult clothes and selectively branded items. They also do not accept clothes labeled with company logos or kids' clothes. In the end, I only received RM12 for six pieces at RM2 each, regardless of the brand. 

The manager was kind enough to call the 2nd Street outlet at Bandar Permaisuri Cheras, which confirmed they accept kids' clothes. We decided to stop for lunch at Mamak Signature Bistro before heading there. Once we arrived, there was no parking, so I had to carry the two big bags for assessment. 

Please note that their assessment requires you to show your original ID and fill out a consent form. If there are many clothes to check, it can take about 1-2 hours before they call you to collect any rejected items. The funny part is that at this outlet, I only got RM2 for one piece; they rejected all the other clothes. 


When my partner asked, “Do you still want to do this in the future?” I immediately said, “No!” What a waste of time and money for such a long journey for so little return. 


Now I’m considering just giving everything to the recycling truck or passing it to H&M, where I could get several 15% vouchers. With the amount of clothes I have, I think it would equal more than 20 vouchers. Just sharing my experience with the buy-and-sell service at 2nd Street bundle shop!


Lots of Love, Whizurl

#whizurl #whizurlshop #blogging #2ndstreet #bundleshop #recycle #reduce #reuse #hnm 

Comments