How I Turned Handmade Bookmarks into a Growing Business

As someone who loves books, I recently came across some adorable handmade corner bookmarks on Pinterest. It inspired me to make my own! I dug through my stash of leftover fabric and thought, why not make a few more? Since I don't have much time to read each day, I figured I could also sell them. I already manage an online shop, and ideas like these always seem to pop up when I need them most.

Making handmade projects on weekends has become one of my passions. I listed the bookmarks on my shop, and to my surprise, the response was overwhelming! Now, I’m busy restocking as orders continue to pour in. It’s been a lot of fun, and I’m excited to keep creating! 


I often tell people that I sew these bookmarks as a side income project for a few reasons. First, I can't stand seeing leftover fabric go to waste, so I upcycle it into something useful. Second, I love sewing and don't want to let my weekends go to waste, especially after watching too many movies with the kids! And third, I’m building a side hustle to grow my cash envelopes—kind of like a sinking fund, right?


Here it is—your perfect reading companion that also makes a thoughtful gift! Our fabric corner bookmarks are not only practical but add a stylish touch to any reading experience.

With a wide selection of colors and patterns, these bookmarks are a delightful addition to your book collection. Made from high-quality cotton and cotton-linen fabrics, they’re designed to last, ensuring your page stays marked as long as you need it.

So, what do you think of this little project? Feel free to check out these cuties on Shopee and my official website. Don’t forget to grab some vouchers to save a little extra! Stay tuned for more updates coming soon!


Lots of Love, Whizurl


#whizurlshop #handmade #fabricbookmark #papermark #handsewn #handicraft #bookmarks #handmadebookmark #squarebookmarks #readystock #localseller #malaysiastock #cornerbookmark #patchwork

Comments