New Adrenaline Rush~ Buttons and Badges

by - April 07, 2012

Now, the trending is back to handmade crafting; buttons and badges. I can see everywhere that women LOVE those pretty and cute stuffs which are unique and hard to find in regular shops. So, most of us will be looking for this kind of items on the web. It is easier to browse and buy at one click rather than perking around in car looking for collectibles and interesting items. Wives and mums will not only see the trending as inspirational but also as an opportunity to grab for making money from home. As for me, I love fabrics, handmade crafts especially quality ones, unique yet irresistible buttons and cute badges. I mean I reaaaallly looovee them! But at the same time I have the passion to go to work.

The first affair is when I stumbled upon Buttons and Badges on Etsy.



Then, I came across a very talented artiste, Artchala.handmade. Until now, I cannot think of how she has the A++ skill to create such quality items. I think that her crafts are more realistic than the renowned brands such as Guess, Gucci and etc by looking at the materials, finishing, lining, and how she stitching one part to another.

Have you read from Smashing Magazine on "Handcraft Strikes Back: Buttons, Badges, Pins and Clips"? If you do so, good, that means you are in the same army with me :) You would be wondering why on earth people would be grateful to see these mini items rumbling in the market while the world is busy tolerating on wars and economic downturn. Ha-ha! nothing serious other than keeping our mind free from negative thoughts and by the way, it's kind of hobby to distressing dude!


Apart from getting into these webs and designers so badly, I start picking up on how to create own buttons and badges without buying the ready-made ones. So, I learned that I need to have button-maker or button machine. Unfortunately, no business can be started without pocket-digging. Minimum cost I should throw out is at least 800 bucks for that second hand machine (or at worst condition!). However, there is entity who can offer me at 1,250 bucks for business starter package and it's complete with tools and materials for button-making.



Then, I think... again... how about and what if. What if I care for the fabric button? and not the metal or plastic button as I do mind loosing such money after figuring the Net-Return-Ratio or Payback. By looking at those samples on web, it's like the idea is not bad at all.



Yites! Finally I found a very useful website on instructables.com. It teaches you how to sew fabric buttons without kits except, small piece of fabric, plain button, scissor, needle and thread. When I read the article, it banged me "how can I never thought of that"...


Okay, readers... now I know how, I can start my buttons and badges business at anytime ;)


You May Also Like

1 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.