“Are you pregnant?”... “No, I’m just fat”.

by - December 25, 2010


Have you ever trying hard to be a friendly person? This effort may be applicable only to reserve person like me. I used to think twice and thrice just to start a conversation with people but it always ended up in ways I could not imagine. An incident occurred to me about two month ago when I tried to be nice with another human being. 

As I were about to enter an elevator, I saw a female staff whom is working at the same floor with me. From my first impression, I guessed she’s in the mid of 30s. She’s wearing a kind of dress which normally worn by a pregnant lady. As an Amway ambassador who often look at things differently and like to grab opportunity, in my business mind, I glimpsed a box of Tropical Herbs to sell. It is actually the best Post Natal Care in the world as what I’ve known. 

We walked into the elevator together. She’s going somewhere and me too. So, I started an icebreaker,


“Hi!”

“Hi!”

“Sorry, I would like to ask..”

“Yes?”

“Are you pregnant?”

“No, why are you thinking that I’m pregnant?”, she asked smilingly.

“I thought you are. Are you not?”

“Ha-ha! It just the way I look. I’m just fat”, she answered with a big laugh.

“I’m sorry...”, At that moment, I can feel my cheek is burning red and suddenly embarrassed with own question.


I hoped she don’t take it seriously though.

But I truly believe she’s pregnant. The way she dressed and the body shape....Duh!


And the moral value is, do not judge a lady by her looks. Start a conversation with basic questions although it might sound silly because we do not know what type of silly questions could be until we blurted it out.



p/s: Felt like slamming my head to the elevator floor that day! .....LOL....

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.