Surgical Experience at Hospital Pusrawi

by - August 12, 2010


Today is the second day I've been warded due to surgery for removal of  Bilateral Fibroadenomas. The first check-up was when I were about 22 years old at Penang General Hospital. That year I was still a student at USM Penang and I spotted a single lump in my left chest. but then, the doctor asked me whether to remove or not because it's happened to be a benign lump. Furthermore, I'm a student and where can i get the sum of money for the operation? I decided to ignore it and further with my studies. I've been holding the burden for about 5 years. 


Last year, I got Chickenpox which left me scars all over the body and face. It's due to late treatment by the doctor and it lowers my antibody level. After I passed 2 months of suffering and recovery, I noticed the lumps became merrier (ha-ha!). It means, it multiples on both left and right side of my chest. So, I went to see the experts at Hospital Pusrawi and the doctor urged me to remove all the lumps urgently. I nodded at first and the operation due on April 25, 2010. On the other hand, my family asked me to hold the operation first since the date of wedding will be in June. They scared my recovery won't be that soon. I have to take their kind-of bias advice and proceed with the wedding although I'm holding it back with worries if it might lead to cancer. It's until the day I get the letter of offer from a local bank for high salary and nice position, I have to undergo a medical check-up but sadly I failed it. I felt the rush of anger flowing down my whole body and I trembled looking for fast solution. I asked my significant other to reschedule the operation immediately. Cutting the story short, yesterday I admitted to Wad Sa'adah and the surgery scheduled at 2pm. but I was brought to the preparation room as early as 1pm. The moment they put me on the stroller bed, i trembled and at first, I thought it's because of the air-conditioned room but as soon as I entered OT3 (Operation Theater no.3), I realized my legs were shaking so badly. I was very scared of what might happen to me next. Added to the feeling is the glimpse of spotlight, utensils and about 10 persons inside the room. The anesthetic doctor gave me a shot. In just a split second, I can't feel my body anymore. As I opened my eyes, the doctor said it all have been removed but I barely hear any single thing they said to me. My eyes just rolling like crazy and I felt sudden shot of pain on my chest. My legs are shaking and cannot stay still. Only God knows how the pain is like. I threw up 5 seconds after I opened my eyes. I hardly screamed "mum....mum..." from my mouth. They have to hold me in there 20 minutes to wait for my heart beat return to normal. I can hear the beep sound unevenly. i cannot breath steadily and they asked me to breath using my mouth so that my pressure level and heart rate back to normal. Back to my ward room, I cannot eat like usual and threw up every time I ate. Fast recovery that I wake up this morning and feel slightly healthy. I can eat slowly now although my blood pressure level is very low but I feel relieved that I was so brave to go through this. In another week to come, I have to return and meet my doctor again for follow-up. I will be resting at home for 2 weeks as advised by the doctor and will be out from this ward tomorrow evening. Wish me good days ahead! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.