Dispute on Digi Postpaid Bill

by - January 21, 2010

A mail from Digi arrived in my letterbox 2 days ago. It's my January 2010 phone bill. I did not expect the amount to pay is more than RM100 since I did not use it that much. However it turned out to be far from what I've expected.

The green monster inside my head kept saying that it's unfair for me paying that much of money since I'm not the only one who uses the line (fyi, I applied for family package, whereby I'm the primary holder and my fiance is the supplementary holder). I notified him earlier that evening and he was shocked to know the total to pay has reached RM180++. Somehow, I discovered that GPRS bills consumed RM105.50 through digiwap.

I am sure I did not use GPRS as my handphone is totally outdated. Although it's Samsung branded, but it's 2005 version (Isn't it sad?). So, my fiance too insisted saying that he did not use the services. His phone is far better than the blackberry, it's like puzzle (you can easily separate it part by part). Now, you can imagine how old his phone can be.

Later that night, he complained to Digi call centre. The staff promised will get back in 24 hours. So, he did. I respect how they handle the complaint. It's very well-mannered, professional and fast. Result from investigation is that my fiance may have unintentionally pushed/ turned on the GPRS button while he's asleep. Considering the hours of usage was around 3 to 6 in the morning, I was convinced that my fiance is a good sleeper and by looking at the bill, I realized that he must have slept soundly enough.

So, I asked Digi to block further usage of GPRS. The good news was they give me the discount off the total amount. Left the amount to be paid is not more than RM45. Now, I noticed that this things might happen to anyone. As for me, I will be very careful not to put my handphone besides me while sleeping. Thanks Digi, for your excellent service!





 Total amount on the bill for GPRS - PAYU (Pay As You Use) service


My outdated handphone. Samsung version 2005.



You May Also Like

0 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.