My Beloved Father

by - December 22, 2009

Last Friday evening I received a call from sis informing me about my father's health condition. He has been admitted to Tengku Anis Hospital, Pasir Puteh following his urine problem. No one is home except my youngest sister and mum. My neighbor is the one who rushed him to the ER.
The doctor didn't have enough experience to attend to urology case and she has made several mistakes that make my father's condition even worse. She then decided to forward his case to USM Hospital in Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu. Shifted by an ambulance, my father was first rushed to ER. He was supposed to be transferred to the first class ward but due to no extra place (so many people was sick!), he was placed in ER at Urology section for a while.

First thing came to mind was figuring out how to go home as soon as I can. I thought that maybe I can call up my sisters for an idea. To my expectation, my eldest sister said that she won’t be able to go home. The reason is she had to go for a holiday in Fraser's Hill with her family and friends. She insisted saying that she cannot cancel the trip after few months of booking (T_T). My second elder sister also gave her reason due to her cert exam is just around the corner (she mentioned the date for exam is on Wed, Dec 23rd). My younger brother was currently is Langkawi when he called me asking about dad. This left only me. I cannot explain the moment; it’s the mix-up of anger, horrible, and sappy old feelings. I only wanted to go home so bad, until I even think of driving back home alone for 8 hours straight from Kuala Lumpur to Pasir Puteh.

Lastly, I told my fiancé about this, thankfully he's so understanding and willing to drive me home. It's really long hours of driving, from KL to PP (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and from PP to KL (2 p.m. to 1 a.m.).



Accident at Raub, Pahang involving two lorries




I always bring along my Octo teddy



Drizzling




















I went back using Seaside Road (along Terengganu coastline). So I managed to stop by at the seaside and took few shots of pictures.















My beloved fiance. :)






 










 



















After 3 days of struggling, I was satisfied and felt such a relief that we were able to help my parents and went thru this hard time as a family. Finally, my father discharged from the hospital the day before we went back to KL. Added to my New Year resolution is to be a responsible child to my parents.





You May Also Like

0 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.