Heavy Traffic on Aidiladha

by - November 30, 2009



 

Worst journey in this year. Heavy traffic on AIDILADHA.
I didn't decide to go home at first, considering no preparation made on the long journey and all kind of tickets have finished a week before the eve. I've checked out MAS, Firefly and AirAsia early but not early enuff to book any ticket. I was quite in shock to notice that all kind of ticket classes sold out (even for the first class!).

So, on the night before Aidiladha, I went to Hentian Putra with my last hope. Indeed it's like gambling for a bus ticket to Pasir Puteh, Kelantan! I knew my instinct is right, I finally got myself a ticket to my hometown. It's a Charter Bus. The story didn't end well, I have to hustled through so many people who fight to get on the same bus and successfully onboard at 11pm (suddenly, I felt like casting for a scene in a Mumbai movie when everyone is running away from bombing attack). So, this is how the Charter Bus goes about. I remembered doing the same thing back in year 2000 when I was young and excited to go home whenever campus is on holiday and Charter Bus was the last resort. It was from Penang to Kelantan and I do think the journey is still the same but this time the route is from Kuala Lumpur to Kelantan.

I managed to get on the bus, Persiaran Bus ('Bus Persiaran'). The most important thing when you are on the long journey is to bring every possible items you may need. Like me, I must have  :

[1] a bottle of 100 Plus (to keep me energized and my body ions in balance),
[2] MP3 player (to lullaby me)
[3] sweets (so that you won't feel like throwing up when the bus is swaying, or of the lousy smell of bus curtains)
[4] jacket (to keep you warm from the over-cooling-temp of bus aircond).

And the #1 rule is :

to ensure your bag is fully packed with important stuffs only and the bag size is not "large", so you can easily carry it inside the bus and not having to put it in the luggage compartment.

I did this everytime, so, when the bus stops, I can be the first to jump out of the bus (ha-ha!). It's easy-do-thing actually... selecting things to be packed (toss away items such as t-shirts, long pants and scarves that can be found abandoned at your mum's house). Putting your luggage in the compartment also can be annoying some times. Imagine everyone is putting their luggage in the same compartment as well, so, there is possibility that your bag will be thrown away from the place where you put it. And maybe your bag will be crushed by someone else's bag.

Back to the story of my journey to hometown, as expected, traffic is slow starting from the Pantai Timur Highway (LPT) gate. Thank to God, my MP3 uses lithium battery, so, it lasts long enough to support my boredom while on the bus. I arrived in Pasir Puteh on Aidiladha, at around 8.30am when everyone is performing Aidiladha prayer. This left no one at home to fetch me, so, I called a cab, 2 ringgit fee from Pasir Puteh town to my home (Mentioned about cab fee, it was 50 cents back then...).



You May Also Like

0 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.