Complaint to MMC

by - August 03, 2009

I went to Ng dan Lee clinic at Wangsa Maju on 18.7.09 at 9.13 pm. The doctor who attended me that night was a woman. I did ask the receptionist (Indian girl) the doc’s name and was told that she is Dr Mimi, originated from Myanmar. This clinic is the panel clinic for my company, XXX Sdn Bhd.
Normally I will be greeted by Dr Abdul Rahman Zafrudin but that day, Dr Mimi is in charge. I told the doctor that I have throat pain, headache and small poxes at my stomach and arm. The nurse checked my temperature, 38 degree Celsius. The doctor checked my throat, she told me small poxes also begin to appear in my throat and she said “Confirmed, you have Chickenpox”. She immediately wrote something on the patient log (The note book whereby doctor will normally write diagnosis for each patient). She diagnosed me with Chickenpox symptoms. I have also asked the doctor face to face on my sick certificate for office and also class. The clinic gave away med for Fever (1), Itchiness (1), Poison Lotion (1). At this moment, I had no idea about antivirus.

I called my friend, Dilla (who also infected with Chickenpox at the same time as me) and she said her doctor gave her Antivirus (antiviral) to slow down the pathogen attack. Her doctor said, antivirus is important especially for working adults. This is to avoid serious infection on head and face. Starting at that point, I wondered why Dr Mimi did not advice me the same. I asked my friend to help me purchase the antivirus from pharmacy but to no avail that the request must be attached with doctor’s prescription.

I had to stay in the house for 1 week. As I’m staying all alone in the house, with no energy even to walk, fully depend on the medicine given by the doctor. The fever is so serious, I’m barely can open my mouth, swollen and bleeding face, hard to urinate. I’m in the impression that all the medicine is correct and no med is missed out. As the med is running out, I went again to the same clinic in the favor of a friend, in order to continue MC and medicines. The doctor who attended me on 23/7/09 at 9:56 pm was Dr Abdul Rahman Zafrudin and not Dr Mimi. I mentioned to him about the antivirus and he looked appalled for the fact that Dr Mimi did not give me the antivirus. So, he managed to add antivirus to the prescription. I took the antivirus at that night and finally I get better a bit in the morning. I know at that moment that Dr Mimi has missed out the antivirus.

Now, after 2 weeks of MC, I am still struggling to recover from the Chickenpox. Even today my employer asks me to continue my sick leave. I did not know that I could seriously suffer from this disease which people often call it as normal thing especially to children. I am sad now, in the fact that my face is not as normal as before. I have 125 trace of Chickenpox on my face; it looks awful for people who walk by me. They tend to stay away as far as they could, afraid will get infected. I have to sacrifice piles of money to be as normal as I could. My friend, who gets antivirus since day one, had only few traces on her face which is so differ from me. A doctor who missed one prescription can bring whole misery to me. Who want to recover my nervous breakdown and monies?

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.