The Death of Shanny's Mum

by - June 05, 2009

My office colleague, Shue is on leave today which only left me and Shawn in the department. We start to figure out number of incoming calls today. Normally, Shue is the most reliable person to answer the calls. But since she’s not around, we are forced to do it instead. Actually, the matter is I am the Unit Head and it is not in my job tasks to answer calls.
Hence, I felt burdened by this especially to learn back on how to attend to customer’s complaint. I wish I do not need to answer any complaint call today.

I received a call from my best friend, Shanny at 10 a.m. She informed me about her mother’s death this morning. I can feel her tear is dripping and as if she is holding the courage to tell me about it. I know her mum, although not very well but I met her couple of times. We all know that her health is not good; she has suffered asthma since long ago and had tried all type of medicine. From thereon, she had been admitted to the hospital many times but still no good news on her health condition. Finally, she died in her sleep, leaving her children and grandchildren alone.

Suddenly I felt my body is shivering when thinking of death. No one could ever predict when and how we will die. In fact, no one had any clue on this. I have promised with 2 other friends to visit Shanny this evening. Hopefully our few minutes stopover can bring slight happiness in her.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Please write your comment and thoughts peacefully.