Close Discussion

by - Saturday, May 23, 2009

Last night, my parents and I went to friend's house on dinner invitation. The meeting is quite intense for me but not for him. I just maintained being myself. The main thing that shocking me last night was the discussion about the engagement and wedding went on with my presence. My dad said this is the way Malay traditions should be and Islam also never prohibits open discussion because in positive side, it prevents miss-communication.
Well, by looking at modern days, Islam is very flexible as a way of living. My dad is very generous in term of knowledge. He would speak clearly with other people and encourage others to follow what is the best in Malay and Muslim practice. Yes, it’s true what he has said about the ceremony and what has been practiced in Malaysia mostly. We are multi-cultured country and thus, led to mixture of cultures which then being absorbed into practice of living. We do not interpret the culture at all although it may contradict the value of Islam and the true living as Muslim.

You May Also Like

0 comments